01 March 2012

rice crispies! and today's pink pasta

hey!!


today I want to share a recipe I tasted in a restaurant few months ago, asked how it's made and done it this past weekend: rice crispies!


here's the bb pic






It's a bit of a time consuming task but at the end I felt really happy with the result!


So, the day I made pink pasta, dyed with beets, I also used them to dye my rice crisps. Here it goes:


1. you boil normal usage rice until it is overcooked (the grain opens completely)
2. drain the rice in a sieve / colander / chinoise /cloth , doesn't matter really
3. add precooked beet, processed in the blender. You can add the amount you wish because this will only improve colour


   if you want other colours try saffron for yellow, squid ink for black(ish) or coriander, parsley or basil for green tones 


4. stir this mis with a spatula, it will have a sticky consistency, so that's normal
5. prepare an oven tray with baking paper on it and it a pastry spatula (those long ones) spread a layer of the mixture, evenly, with about 2, 3 mm thick
6. put it in the oven for about 1 hour at 80º-100ºc / 175º-210ºf. It will stay very dry and break easily so...
7. break the big piece in smaller pieces (you can now store this for future usage)
8. deep fry the smaller pieces quickly in a 180ºc / 350ºc vegetable oil


   You'll see the pieces "swelling" and they will turn very very crispy, perfect for amuse-bouche or just a canape to serve when you got friends over!




And last but definitely not least, here is the last batch of pink pasta!
I really liked the experience but I have to admit that I prefer the coulour when it's raw rather than its cooked colour, it reminds my of slices boiled ham. 



Anyways, the flavour's still great and today I just sautéed the pasta with butter and added basil and rosemary flowers, so fresh and springy!!










I hope you like it and have a good night!
j









No comments:

Post a Comment

adorava saber o que achou!